- 1 (340g) can SPAM® Classic, cut lengthwise into 8-10 slices
- 1/2 c white steamed rice, cooked ahead of time
- 5 sheets Japanese Nori, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 c Japanese Panko, bread crumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 c Japanese Mochiko flour
- Heat oil in a medium size sauté pan, then sear SPAM® Classic on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Place on rice and wrap with Nori.
- Then go through basic breading procedure: flour, egg, then Panko to finish. Deep fry at 350° F (or 175° C) for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.