- 1 (340g) can SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Dice the SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Place in a large skillet with brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly; reduce heat and stir until the sauce is reduced by about one-third. Allow the SPAM® mixture to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream, milk, bourbon vanilla and salt. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Place the mixture into an ice cream freezer and follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing. As the mixture finishes freezing, and is still soft, pour into storage container.
- Freeze ice cream for about an hour and then fold in the SPAM® mixture, just swirling it into the ice cream. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Place in freezer to harden. Serves 8.