- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (340g) can SPAM® Classic
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Fresh cilantro leaves for serving
- In small saucepan combine water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add cucumber slices. Let cool and stand 30 minutes.
- Cut SPAM® Classic into 4 slices.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat cook SPAM® Classic, turning once, 5 to 7 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Brush with hoisin sauce. Cook for 1 minute longer, until lightly glazed. Transfer burgers to buns and top with pickled cucumbers and cilantro.