Filipinos have their own version of the Spaghetti. Unlike the traditional tomato-based Italian cuisine, Filipino Spaghetti has a very distinct sweetness. It can be reminiscent of their childhood days when it was usually served. Typically a default in children’s birthday parties, Filipinos associate this style of Spaghetti with joy and happiness.
- 1 can of SPAM® Classic
- 50 grams raw spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 grams Tomato Parmesan Cheese Sauce
- Parmesan cheese as needed
- Basil leaves as garnish
- Garlic bread (optional)
- 1.Boil spaghetti noodles in salted water and cook according to package directions.
- 2.In a medium sauce pan, sauté onions and garlic. Add diced SPAM® Classic. Cook for about 10 min.
- 3.Add 250 grams Tomato Parmesan cheese sauce. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Season to taste.
- 4.Divide cooked noodles onto pasta bowls, top with SPAM® Classic sauce.
- 5.Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, garnish with basil leaves and serve with garlic bread if desired.