SPAM® Pineapple Fried Rice
40 mins 6 servings
- 2 cups diced SPAM® with Bacon
- 1 cup diced pineapple (removed from 1 whole fresh pineapple)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 medium eggs, slightly beaten
- Dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup small button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, with tops, chopped
- 1.Heat oil in pan, fry SPAM® product on each side until golden brown, then put fried SPAM® product in paper towel lined tray.
- 2.Cut pineapple in half lengthwise and remove the fruit from the middle. Cut out the eyes and core. Set pineapple shell aside. Dice the pineapple removed from the middle. Dry the diced pineapple with paper towels.
- 3.In a medium bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper to the eggs.
- 4.Dice SPAM® product in 1/2-inch pieces.
- 5.Heat a wok until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and tilt the wok to coat the sides. Add the eggs. Cook and stir until the eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry the wok.
- 6.Make sure all the ingredients are dry before cooking. Reheat the wok until very hot. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and tile to coat the sides of the wok. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. If you cannot stir-fry fast enough, reduce the heat so the rice will not burn. Stir in the soy sauce and continue stirring until the rice is mixed well with the soy sauce. Stir in the SPAM® with Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, peas, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the entire mixture is hot. Stir in the pineapple and green onions.
- 7.Rinse the pineapple shell with boiling water, dry with paper towels. Place the pineapple rice into the pineapple shell and serve.