SPAM® Egg Rolls – Submitted by SPAM® fan Jeannie S.
20 Mins 4 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® With Real HORMEL® Bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup habañero pepper jelly or other favorite spicy jelly, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 4 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce, divided
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw blend
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple puree
- 1.In a nonstick skillet, sauté the SPAM® With Real HORMEL® Bacon on medium heat for 2 minutes, until slightly crisped.
- 2.Add 1/4 cup of the pepper jelly and stir until well combined, then set aside.
- 3.In a second nonstick skillet, heat a tablespoon of the oil with 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of the sweet and sour, and 4 tablespoons of the sugar and coleslaw mix.
- 4.Cook on medium high heat until the cabbage is slightly softened, about 1 minute; set aside.
- 5.Place egg roll wrappers on a plate. Place 2 tablespoons of the SPAM® mixture and 2 tablespoons of the coleslaw mixture in the center.
- 6.Fold and roll up the wrapper, sealing the edges with a touch of water around the tip.
- 7.Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and filling.
- 8.Heat remaining vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large deep skillet to 350° to 375°F.
- 9.Fry both sides of egg rolls until golden brown, then remove from oil and place on a rack or paper towels to drain.
- 10.In a blender, combine pineapple puree with remaining soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, sugar, and habañero jelly until the mixture has the consistency for dipping. Serves 12.