30 mins 6 servings
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM® Teriyaki, cut into length-wise (using only four pieces)
- 3 cups steamed rice, sticky
- 2 oz radish sprouts, for garnish
- 2 oz pickle ginger, for garnish
- 3-4 sheets of Japanese Nori
- Teriyaki sauce, to drizzle
- Water, for assembling
- Musubi mold
- 1.Sauté SPAM® Teriyaki over medium heat in light oil until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Cool for 2-3 minutes before assembling into musubi mold.
- 2.Place a ½ sheet of Nori on table, shiny side down. Place musubi mold on nori. Add 2 ounces of steamed rice and one slice of SPAM® Teriyaki, then add 2 more ounces of rice. Make sure the rice is evenly distributed.
- 3.Press mold down evenly on rice. Remove mold and finish wrapping with nori.
- 4.Tip: Keep musubi mold in warm water until ready to use to avoid sticking of rice before starting.
- 5.Tip: Use a bit of water to secure nori.